Work at STEMCELL
Explore the exciting career paths at STEMCELL, which include competitive benefits and opportunities to achieve your full potential with growth-driven training and development.
Field Applications Scientist, Cell Separation Products
Job Description SummaryThe Field Applications Scientist will provide scientific and technical support for customers and Sales Representatives related to our Cell Separation product lines. The purpose of this position is to create value for our customers and build on STEMCELL’s reputation for delivering outstanding customer service resulting in revenue growth. This person will be based in Europe, preferably in Germany, and will have to conduct extensive travel across Europe.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Sales Representatives to perform routine and technically challenging demos for existing or potential customers (significant travel is required – up to 50% of time).
- Develop and present product specific lectures to immunology research laboratories .
- Work with the Education Department to develop and deliver product specific training courses.
- Perform workshops/training courses for researchers new to the Cell Separation techniques and related applications.
- Execute and assist in the product education of in-house personnel and distributors.
- Respond to and document customer complaints to ensure resolution in a timely manner (work with Technical Support Staff, RND Scientists and Product Marketing Managers as required).
- Provide scientific information to Tech Support department to assist with customer questions.
- Visit key labs to troubleshoot and optimize protocols.
- Identify new applications and product-enhancement opportunities in anticipation of customer needs and competitive offerings and feedback to RND scientists and Product Marketing Managers.
- Work with Sales Manager to prioritize work with customers.
- Work with Sales Managers to develop strategies for customer conversion and retention.
- Keep up to date on scientific literature.
- Assist in revenue generation to meet revenue targets.
- Represent STEMCELL Technologies at conferences, workshops and trade shows as required.
- PhD in Immunology, Cellular Biology or an Applied Science.
- Strong expertise in fundamental lab skills including Cell Preparation and Counting, Cell Separation, Flow Cytometry.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Skilled presenter, able to deliver technical information to both experts and non-experts alike during in person presentations or in a virtual environment.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and customer service skills.
- Fluent in English and German, French would be an asset.
- Sales experience and additional languages would be assets.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!