Job Description Summary
The Administrative Assistant at STEMCELL is responsible for providing administrative and coordination support to the Managing Director with the goal of ensuring that departmental objectives, goals and related projects are met and departmental organization and efficiency are maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all email correspondences, teleconferences, and webinars. Ensure email and work files are up to date, well organized and accurate.
- Prepare a variety of documentation, including meeting minutes, presentation materials, reports, organizational charts and project plans.
- Manage calendar appointments and meetings and resolve schedule conflicts. Prepare meeting agendas and schedules with internal and external participants or for large groups in different time zones, and distribute meeting materials. May arrange catering.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, prepare itineraries, and manage meeting/conference arrangements in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation of administrative documents for sales calls of tender applications
- Car fleet management in collaboration with Finance
- Support and coordinate any related to health & safety tasks and correspondence with external consultants
- Support facility management and communication with landlord and suppliers
- Provide a variety of support and coordination for departmental recruitment efforts, including interview coordination and new hire arrangements and on-boarding activities.
- Maintain and promote professional and courteous employee relations by managing a prompt and accurate response to telephone and email communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in administrative role; international environment would be an asset
- Strong computer skills, intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle high volume while meeting deadlines
- Self-motivated and independent work ethic
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Good knowledge of both English and German language is required
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters is essential
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!