Job Description SummaryAre you looking to start your scientific career with a bench-based role in the fast-paced and collaborative environment of Canadian biotech? If you’re an enthusiastic, creative problem solver who works well within a team and enjoys learning new laboratory techniques, then this position may be for you!
As a Research Technologist, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day lab-based work of testing and improving new and existing products. Working within your assigned team in the Research and Development Department, you will perform and troubleshoot experiments, interpret data and provide regular reports on your results.
This position is perfect for recent BSc science graduates who want to continue honing their laboratory skills while contributing to the creation of high-quality workflows for researchers around the globe.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Culture and maintain cells, perform general molecular biology and laboratory techniques
- Perform experiments with input from the supervisor, including validation of new products, product components, and technologies
- Present data in team meetings, contribute to data interpretations, and future experiments
- Help maintain laboratory supplies and operations to ensure a safe and functional lab environment
- Keep accurate and detailed records of lab procedures and results
Knowledge and Qualifications
- BSc/Diploma in a Life Science, Immunology/Microbiology, Molecular Biology or a related field required, with 6 months - 4 years relevant lab experience (i.e. academic, industry and/or internship experience) preferred
- Practical experience using a variety of laboratory techniques such as mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry, and biological assays are highly desirable, as well as general molecular biology skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing reports and experience in presenting your own data to various audience
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and data interpretation preferred
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
To apply, please select the “Apply” button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.