Scientific Inside Sales Representative
Job Description SummaryDo you have a passion for science, excellent communication skills, and enjoy solving problems? Are you looking for an exciting, fast-paced career away from the bench? Consider becoming an Inside Sales Representative at STEMCELL Technologies, Canada’s largest biotechnology company, and joining our team of Scientists Helping Scientists!
In this results-driven role, you’ll use your scientific background and interpersonal skills to work with researchers to advance their science. Working closely with our Sales team, you’ll help drive revenue within a discrete geographic territory by acquiring and engaging prospective customers while simultaneously maintaining and nurturing our existing relationships. As a key resource for customers, you'll have technical expertise and knowledge of STEMCELL products to demonstrate how our products can support their research goals, and will ultimately be helping to drive research and accelerate innovation in the life sciences space.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to customer needs with scientific expertise and strong business acumen to establish and maintain strong customer relationships
- Identify and target potential new customers through effective market, revenue, and literature analyses, and leverage this knowledge to develop new accounts
- Collaborate and communicate with other STEMCELL departments, including Marketing, Product Support, Customer Service, and Business Operations
- Document all communications and customer interactions in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database to ensure a consistent, high quality customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience, or a Master’s or Doctorate degree in the life sciences
- Laboratory experience with cell culture or cell isolation/separation is an asset
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Highly motivated personality with a demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL’s vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!