Customer Support Coordinator
Job Description SummaryIf you’re a proactive self-starter who loves connecting with people and are looking to kick-start your career with Canada’s largest biotech company, this could be the perfect opportunity for you! We are looking for passionate and ambitious Customer Support Coordinators who have excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to learn quickly and work independently to trouble-shoot and resolve issues. You will be joining a high-performing, collaborative Customer Support team that offers excellent opportunities for growth, and will get the chance to interact with departments across the business as well as external stakeholders. If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Customer Support Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for receiving and processing orders, coordinating shipments, answering phones, responding to emails, and providing prompt responses to customer queries while delivering exceptional customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage assigned geographical territory and field the majority of orders, inquiries, and sales rep requests from that territory and various departments to meet service goals
- Maintain good data integrity by accurately submitting and processing customer and internal orders in the enterprise resource planning system
- Manage open orders in the system that are unable to ship right away (backorders, standing order, specific batch requests, etc.) by following up with the appropriate departments, moving inventory if necessary, and troubleshooting issues in the system
- Resolve customer and order related issues by providing solutions to customers through Live Chat, Phone and Email channels
- Communicate cross-functionally with various internal teams including Sales, Technical Support, and Corporate Operations to ensure orders are entered, shipped, and confirmed in a timely manner
Knowledge and Requirements
- Previous experience in Order Processing and/or Customer Service is an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree (BSc or equivalent preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience with the Microsoft or Google suite of programs with the ability to learn new programs when required
- Strong data entry skills with high accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Flexible and open-minded with the ability to think on your feet and adapt quickly to solve problems
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL’s vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL’s vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the “Apply” button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.